Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ONE WISH GRANTED. ELEVEN WISHES TO GO

In the same shop (inside Cubao Shoe Expo), I browse through their old magazines and patiently look for Coca-cola ads in each magazine (I’ve noticed that there are more Pepsi ads in these magazines than Coke. So if you go for Vintage Pepsi ads, this is the place for you!)…Until I find what I was looking for…

I remember when I was a kid, we used to sing the Coca-cola Jingle (IT’S THE REAL THING) with altered lyrics (My apology, especially to the Noranians, I hope it will not bring back painful memories)… it goes like this…

IT’S THE REAL THING
SI NORANG *****,
NAGTAGO SA DILIM
LALO *****!

Now that I’m a grown-up, I realized how racist it was….

This 1971 Magazine priced @ P250 but I bought it for a reasonable P150 (though I think I can still get it @ P100, I just tell my self that the additional P50 is the storage fee for keeping the magazine in good condition after 38 years!) and got my wish to have a 1970’s vintage Coke Ad (see my complete COKE WISH LIST on the right side of this page)

No comments:

Post a Comment