Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It’s the REAL Angel


Remember the Angel Coke poster I was talking about in my first Blog entrée? Well, here’s the complete story…

It was October 8, 2009 and I was already late for office. I was rushing my way through people when my eyes caught a familiar figure – a Coke.

A coke poster except it has unfamiliar figure, an ANGEL reaching down for a coke bottle (this particular print Ad was issued maybe late last year or early this year for a very limited time). This Bakery (Bread Box Bakery) has several plastic posters hanging on their wall so I was confident I can ask for at least 1 poster. I politely begged the lady Cashier (that's the gurl in the picture!) even for just 1 copy but turned me down. I was 28 minutes late in my office that day.

I went back to that place three more times during the week but received the same response – NO! The sad part of the story is to find out later that the posters was removed by the deliveryman and replaced them with ICE TEA posters! (Waaaht!)

Until I met the real “ANGEL”…

Meet ELMO (he's the guy in the picture holding the angel poster). He works there as a Baker but in another branch. To make the long story short and simple, I told him my wish for copy of that Coke poster in their other store and my own experience with their “heartless” Cashier (believe me, she's not very nice in person). It turned out that the he knows the Delivery guy who removed the Coke posters. Elmo talked to the guy (who happens to be there at that time) and the guy said he will try to see if he can get a similar poster in other stores. Elmo told me to return the next day.

The following day, October 13, I returned and I got the Angel poster, not one, but three posters! Thank God for Elmo!

No comments:

Post a Comment